brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

John Knight jwknight at polbox.com
Sat Aug 31 02:47:03 EST 2002

"Bob LeChevalier" <lojbab at lojban.org> wrote in message
news:4pg0nu0sdmigftq4auh9df7ue74di1stjk at 4ax.com...
> >You can see from the above that the the English words "Judah" and "jew",
> >which are the Hebrew words "Yhudah" and "Yhudiy", appear in the very same
> >paragraphs.  If they were one and the same, why would they switch in the
> >same paragraph from one to the other?  The point is that they are
obviously
> >DIFFERENT words describing very different people who had very different
> >ancestors.
>
> Because one is the place and the tribe, and the other is the people
> who lived in the place and who were members of the tribe.  The
> difference is the same as the difference between "America" and
> "Americans", which is not the same as comparing "sands" and "sans".
>
> lojbab

Comparing "America" to "Americans" isn't a good analogy to comparing
"Yhudah" to "Yhudiy" [anglicized as "Judah" and "Jehudi"].

A more appropriate analogy would be to compare "Caucasoids" to "Negroids".

"Yhudah" and "Yhudiy" were two different people, born at two entirely
different times, in entirely separate countries, with entirely separate
ancestors, of entirely different races, just as "Caucasoids" and "Negroids"
are.

"Yhudiy" [or "Jehudi"] was a descendant of Ham, through Cush

Gen 10:6  And sons of Ham are Cush, and Mitzraim, and Phut, and Canaan.

H3569
???????
ku^shi^y
koo-shee'
Patronymic from H3568; a Cushite, or descendant of Cush: - Cushi, Cushite,
Ethiopian (-s).

Jer 36:14  Therefore all the princes sent Jehudi the son of Nethaniah, the
son of Shelemiah, the son of Cushi, unto Baruch, saying, Take in thine hand
the roll wherein thou hast read in the ears of the people, and come. So
Baruch the son of Neriah took the roll in his hand, and came unto them.

jews > descendants of Jehudi [read: "Yhudiy"] > Nethaniah > Shelemiah >
Cushi > Cush > Ham > Noah

"Yhudah" [read: Judah] was one of the sons of Jacob who became the patriarch
of the Tribe of Judah:

Gen 29:28  And Jacob did so, and fulfilled her week: and he gave him Rachel
his daughter to wife also.
Gen 29:29  And Laban gave to Rachel his daughter Bilhah his handmaid to be
her maid.
Gen 29:30  And he went in also unto Rachel, and he loved also Rachel more
than Leah, and served with him yet seven other years.
Gen 29:31  And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb:
but Rachel was barren.
Gen 29:32  And Leah conceived, and bore a son, and she called his name
Reuben: for she said, Surely the LORD hath looked upon my affliction; now
therefore my husband will love me.
Gen 29:33  And she conceived again, and bore a son; and said, Because the
LORD hath heard that I was hated, he hath therefore given me this son also:
and she called his name Simeon.
Gen 29:34  And she conceived again, and bore a son; and said, Now this time
will my husband be joined unto me, because I have born him three sons:
therefore was his name called Levi.
Gen 29:35  And she conceived again, and bore a son: and she said, Now will I
praise the LORD: therefore she called his name Judah; and left bearing.

Jacob was a son of Isaac:

Gen 25:26  And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on
Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years
old when she bore them.

Isaac was a son of Abraham:

Gen 21:3  And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him,
whom Sarah bore to him, Isaac.

Abraham was a descendant of Eber, who was a descendant of Shem, who was a
son of Noah:

Tribe of Judah > Judah > Jacob > Isaac > Abraham > ... Eber > ... Shem >
Noah

The Tribe of Judah lived in Judea.  The descendants of Jehudi lived in Elath
until the Syrians drove them out:

2Ki 16:6  At that time Rezin king of Syria recovered Elath to Syria, and
drove the Jews from Elath: and the Syrians came to Elath, and dwelt there
unto this day.

Two different people.  Two different ancestors.  Two different territories.
Two different descendants.  Two entirely different races and religions.

John Knight