brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Bob LeChevalier lojbab at lojban.org
Sat Aug 31 14:22:04 EST 2002

"John Knight" <jwknight at polbox.com> wrote:

[repeating the usual baloney]

>  From G2448 (in the sense of G2455 as a country); udaean, that is, belonging to Jehudah: - Jew (-ess), of Juda.
>
>There's never any indication in any of the Holy Scripture that any
> member of the Tribe of Judah [read: a descendant of Judah] was ever
> referred to as a "jew",

There are several, and they have been pointed out to you.

> nor is there any indication that any
> descendant of Jehudi was ever referred to as a member of the Tribe of
> Judah.

There is never any mention in the Holy Bible of any descendant of
Jehudi.

> Each original reference is very clear, so it's revealing that
> Strong's has two different numbers for the same word, and provides
> the same misleading "translation" for both numbers:
>
>  H3064: Patronymic from H3063; a Jehudite (that is, Judaite or Jew),
> or descendant of Jehudah (that is, Judah): - Jew.
>
>  H3065: The same as H3064; Jehudi, an Israelite: - Jehudi.
>
>Where did this jewish sleight of hand come from?

You are now claiming that Strongs is a Jewish plot too?  How do you
make it through the day, with Jewish plotters everywhere fouling up
your life.  And only 15 million or whatever of them are fouling up the
world for 2 billion Christians.  They must be of superior
intelligence, those Jews, to outsmart people at a ration of 1:13.

> Certainly not the
> Holy Bible.  The Holy Bible NEVER infers that "Yhudiy" is "patronymic
> from H3063",

The Holy Bible never "infers" anything about what words mean.  It is
not a dictionary.

The Holy Bible is not a textbook on ancient Hebrew morphology.
Neither is Strongs.  You have to actually study the language to know
how wordforms differ.

> the definition of "Yhudah", a completely different race
> of people called Israelites who were from a completely different
> geographic location than the jews were from:

This is a Lie that you spread at the behest of the Prince of Liars.

>Strong's is correct that the Hebrew word "Yhudiy" is translated as the
> English word "jew", but it simply has no basis for confusing H3063
> [read: Judah] with both H3064 AND H3065 [read: Jehudi].

It has all the basis it needs.  That is the way that the ancient
Hebrew language worked.

>There's only one possible source of confusion about the KJV that might
> justify Strong's clear error that a "Jew" is a member of the Tribe of
> Judah, and that's the KJV translators use of the word "Jewry" in
> place of "Yehud":

I daresay that the writers of Strongs did not rely on the KJV
translation as their sole source for the Hebrew language.

>This inability of both the KJV translators and Strong's to keep the
> distinction between Judah and Jehudi clear is an affront to the
> intelligence of 2 billion Christians worldwide.

YOU are an affront to our intelligence.

> This isn't a minor sleight of hand--this is an insult to God.

YOU are the one who insults God.

>(DRB) Then Daniel was brought in before the king. And the king spoke, and said to him: Art thou Daniel, of the children of the captivity of Juda, whom my father, the king, brought out of Judea?
>
>(GNB) Daniel was brought at once into the king's presence, and the king said to him, "Are you Daniel, that Jewish exile whom my father the king brought here from Judah?
>
>(GW) So Daniel was taken to the king. The king asked him, "Are you Daniel, one of the captives that my grandfather brought from Judah?
>
>(KJV) Then was Daniel brought in before the king. And the king spoke and said unto Daniel, Art thou that Daniel, which art of the children of the captivity of Judah, whom the king my father brought out of Jewry?
>
>((KJVA) Then was Daniel brought in before the king. And the king spoke and said unto Daniel, Art thou that Daniel, which art of the children of the captivity of Judah, whom the king my father brought out of Jewry?
>
>(Webster) Then was Daniel brought in before the king. And the king spoke and said to Daniel, Art thou that Daniel, who art of the children of the captivity of Judah, whom the king my father brought out of Judea?

Notice that several other translations use a different wording to
translate the second instance from the first, and the GNB in
particular calls Daniel Jewish.

> [...]
>
>(Darby) And Eliakim the son of Hilkijah, and Shebnah and Joah said to Rab-shakeh, Speak, we pray thee, to thy servants in Syriac, for we understand it, and talk not with us in the Jewish language in the ears of the people that are on the wall.
>
>(DRB) Then Eliacim, the son of Helcias, and Sobna, and Joahe, said to Rabsaces: We pray thee, speak to us, thy servants, in Syriac: for we understand that tongue: and speak not to us in the Jews' language, in the hearing of the people that are upon the wall.
>
>(GNB) Then Eliakim, Shebna, and Joah told the official, "Speak Aramaic to us, sir. We understand it. Don't speak Hebrew; all the people on the wall are listening."
>
>(GW) Then Eliakim (son of Hilkiah), Shebnah, and Joah said to the field commander, "Speak to us in Aramaic, since we understand it. Don't speak to us in the Judean language as long as there are people on the wall listening."
>
>(KJV) Then said Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and Shebna, and Joah, unto Rab-shakeh, Speak, I pray thee, to thy servants in the Syrian language; for we understand it: and talk not with us in the Jews' language in the ears of the people that are on the wall.
>
>(KJV+) Then said559 Eliakim471 the son1121 of Hilkiah,2518 and Shebna,7644 and Joah,3098 unto413 Rab-shakeh,7262 Speak,1696 I pray thee,4994 to413 thy servants5650 in the Syrian language;762 for3588 we587 understand8085 it: and talk1696 not408 with5973 us in the Jews' language3066 in the ears241 of the people5971 that834 are on5921 the wall.2346
>
>(KJVA) Then said Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and Shebna, and Joah, unto Rab-shakeh, Speak, I pray thee, to thy servants in the Syrian language; for we understand it: and talk not with us in the Jews' language in the ears of the people that are on the wall.
>
>(RSV) Then Eli'akim the son of Hilki'ah, and Shebnah, and Jo'ah, said to the Rab'shakeh, "Pray, speak to your servants in the Aramaic language, for we understand it; do not speak to us in the language of Judah within the hearing of the people who are on the wall."
>
>(WEB) Then said Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and Shebnah, and Joah, to Rabshakeh, Please speak to your servants in the Syrian language; for we understand it: and don't speak with us in the Jews' language, in the ears of the people who are on the wall.
>
>(Webster) Then said Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and Shebna and Joah, to Rab-shakeh, Speak, I pray thee, to thy servants in the Syrian language; for we understand it: and talk not with us in the Jews language in the ears of the people that are on the wall.
>
>(YLT) And Eliakim son of Hilkiah saith--and Shebna, and Joah--to the chief of the butlers, `Speak, we pray thee, unto thy servants in Aramaean, for we are understanding, and do not speak with us in Jewish, in the ears of the people who are on the wall.'

Notice how many versions equate the "Jewish language" with Hebrew.
Not sure why you posted these quotes, since they support the case
against you.

lojbab