brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Dan Holzman holzman at panix.com
Sat Aug 31 20:16:17 EST 2002

In article <1Fac9.36176$Ic7.2409232 at news2.west.cox.net>,
John Knight <jwknight at polbox.com> wrote:

>You jews do not and cannot understand Israelite law.
>
>A "bastard" was a child of any Israelite who married a non-Israelite,
>whether that Israelite was a man or a woman.  There was no distinction under
>Israelite law:

You are incorrect, starting from the distinction you draw between Jews
and Israelites.  Everything based on this belief is similarly
incorrect.

>> It should be noted that a "bastard" does not mean someone who is the
>> offspring of a Jew and a Gentile.  A "bastard" means the same thing
>> here as it does anywhere else:  Someone whose parents were not
>> married.
>
>A bastard4464 shall not enter935 into the congregation6951 of the LORD3068;
>even to his tenth6224 generation1755 shall he not enter935 into the
>congregation6951 of the LORD3068.

This does not contradict what I said.

>And a bastard [race] shall dwell in Ashdod, and I will cut off the pride of
>the Philistines, Zechariah 9:6

It should be noted that the word "race" here is John's addition, and
not a paraphrase of anything actually written in Zechariah 9:6.

>International Standard Bible Encyclopedia Refers to "Bastard Race"
>
>Bastard
>
>bas´tard In Deu_23:2 probably the offspring of an incestuous union, or of a
>marriage within the prohibited degrees of affinity (Lev_18:6-20;
>Lev_20:10-21). He and his descendants to the tenth generation are excluded
>from the assembly of the Lord. (See Driver, at the place). Zechariah
>(Zec_9:6), after prophesying the overthrow of three Philistine cities,
>declares of the fourth: "And a bastard (the Revised Version, margin "a
>bastard race") shall dwell in Ashdod," meaning probably that a "mixed
>population" (BDB) of aliens shall invade and settle in the capital of the
>Philistines. In Heb (Zec_12:8) in its proper sense of "born out of wedlock,"
>and therefore not admitted to the privileges of paternal care and
>responsibility as a legitimate son.

One is left to wonder if John actually reads what he posts, or if he
simply deludes himself that it all supports his beliefs...

>A BASTARD IS THE OFFSPRING OF AN INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE

...because it didn't say this anywhere in anything he quoted.

>AMERICANS AGREE:   RACE MIXING IS AN abomination BEFORE GOD!
>
>ONLY 2.3% OF AMERICANS SUPPORT  INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE
>
>In 1997, 2.3% of American marriages were interracial marriages.

On John's planet, if you're not yourself in an interracial marriage,
you do not support interracial marriage.  This is truly a unique
definition of support.