brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Dan Holzman holzman at panix.com
Sat Aug 31 20:27:58 EST 2002

In article <fR8c9.36082$Ic7.2384415 at news2.west.cox.net>,
John Knight <jwknight at polbox.com> wrote:

>When 70% of American parents responded to a Gallup Poll that they want their
>children to have the "right" to say a spoken Christian prayer in their
>"public school" classrooms--they didn't mean that they wanted to spend money
>to pay for teachers and classrooms, only to have their children teach
>themselves http://christianparty.net/schoolprayer.htm
>
>Our teachers really are DUMB, but they still aren't supposed to just sit
>there with their teeth in their mouths watching their students and our
>children teaching themselves.

John seems to have jumped tracks from teachers not leading prayers in
school to teachers not teaching.  I'm not sure exactly what he's on
about here.

>Where's your purported jewish "compassion" for "minority groups" in Israel?
>What "religious freedom" do you jews preach for the 2% of the children in
>Israel who are Christians, or for the 10% who are Muslims?

John apparently hasn't looked at my web page lately, which features a
link to B'Tselem.  John apparently isn't familiar with B'Tselem,
either.  Anyone surprised?

>It's incredibly disingenuous for you jews to proclaim that Christian parents
>ought to just rely on their children to initiate classroom instruction
>themselves, at the very same time that you jews are permitted to continue to
>propagate Talmudic HATRED with our tax dollars.

I don't recall the Talmud being taught when I was in Public School.  I
also don't recall it being taught when I was in Hebrew School, but
that's not surprising given that I went to a Reform Temple when I was
practising Judiasm.  (John's probably unfamiliar with the differences
between Reconstructionist, Reform, Conservative, Orthodox, and
Hassidic Judiam, let alone the controversy within Judiasm regarding
the stranglehold Orthodox Jewry has on the Israeli government.)  So
I'm unclear what Talmudic teaching John thinks American tax dollars
are supporting.