Whitey paulaw at attbi.com
Tue Dec 3 02:07:30 EST 2002

"John Knight" <jwknight at polbox.com> wrote in message
news:Cy9G9.39630$kz4.1847948 at news2.west.cox.net...
> "Gray Shockley" <gray at compcomm.com> wrote in message
> news:0001HW.BA0E767E0036A05A11C295D0 at news-central.giganews.com...
> > On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 1:14:49 -0600, John Knight wrote
> > (in message <JzZF9.33547$kz4.1646689 at news2.west.cox.net>):
> >
> > > It is BLASPHEMY to Our Lord Jesus Christ, to the Holy Bible, to the
91%
> of
> > > Americans who REJECT the "theory of evolution", and to two billion
other
> > > Christians in the world, to proclaim that "we all came from the sea."

> > And you are the representative for Jesus, for 91% of the U.S. population
> and
> > for the Holy Bible?
> >
> > Aren't you confusing yourself with God?
> >

> If you *really* think it requires God to read the surveys which report
that
> only 9% of Americans believe that "Human beings have developed over
millions
> of years from less advanced forms of life. God had no part in this
process",
> then you *really* are a "liberal".
>
> To this amoral, thoughtless, amorphous, arrogant, ignorant 9%, a statement
> that we all came from the sea might sound perfectly ok.  But to the vast
> majority of the 93% who're putative Christians in this putative Christian
> nation, it's the sheer definition of BLASPHEMY.
>
> Until you change the dictionaries, or the law, or Christianity, or the
Holy
> Bible, or the US Constitution, it shall remain BLASPHEMY.
>
> John Knight

You're full of shit, John. What surveys are you speaking of? And the
question as posed does NOT give the answer you think it does. The questuion
you quoted was - "Human beings have developed over millions
> of years from less advanced forms of life. God had no part in this
process",
Well, hate to bust your bong bubble Forrest, but the evidence is absolutely
clear and irrefutable that humans DID develop over millions of years from
less advanced life forms, but science does not care whether god even exists
or whether he/she/it had a "hand" in said evolution, as such things are for
the theologans to ponder, not the scientists. The question forces people who
believe that evolution is reality but who also believe that god or some
higther power had a hand in it to choose between answering that they believe
that evolution does not exist or that god had no hand in evolution, neither
of which they actually believe. So they just chose the lesser of two evils.
You would be very disappointed if you asked that point as two seperate
questions rather than trying to force people into answering the question the
way you want to by skewing the question towards a predetermined premise.
That's dishonest at best, and desperate at worst. You may call it
"blasphemy" if you wish, but both Galileo and Copernicus were called
blasphemous for merely reporting the REALITY of what can be seen and
observed and PROVEN. And such charges of blasphemy did not alter said
reality, or cause the sun to orbit the earth, and neither will your empty
charges of blasphemy alter the truth and the reality that we have evolved
from far humbler things than your ego and closed-minded unthinking adherence
to a particular world view can allow you to admit. I dub thee Ramses, King
of Denial. Let me know when you manage to fire up your other rational neuron
there, John.

Byte Me.
GARRYOWEN!

P.S. What the fuck is this thread doing on soc.men in the first place
anyways? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't erase soc.men from the
header.