John Knight jwknight at polbox.com
Tue Dec 3 14:27:10 EST 2002

"Gray Shockley" <gray at compcomm.com> wrote in message
news:0001HW.BA0E8C1F003BB56811C295D0 at news-central.giganews.com...
> On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 15:20:43 -0600, Jhon Kignth wrote
> (in message <LY9G9.39804$kz4.1861412 at news2.west.cox.net>):
>
> > Even if someone were to believe your anecdotes, they remain anecdotes,
and
> > anecdotes don't even begin to make the case for our Draconian DWI laws,
> > particularly when so much scientific evidence disputes them.  The
following
> > is a summary of the NHTSA data which shows how they arrived at "42% OF
> > FATALITIES ARE ALCOHOL INVOLVED"

> Jhon - I would suggest that my "antedotes" - based on experience - are
much
> more reliable than your specious webpages.
>
> When I was briefed on Louisiana laws in 1985, one of the things that was
> impressed on us was that the third DUI violation branded the criminal as a
> "habitual offender" and the resulting sentence usually included a period
of
> incarceration at Angola (state penitentiary).
>
> Sort of a "three strikes and you're in".
>

> Gray Shockley
> "Swinehood hath no remedy." - Sidney Lanier

Which is part of the reason that we have an incarceration RATE 24 times
higher than countries like Japan, even though our real crime RATE is "only"
6 times higher  http://christianparty.net/japus.htm

If morons like you had just taken a few minutes to figure it out, it
couldn't have happened in the first place.  But no, now, correcting it is
going to get bloody.

John Knight