Mindforth

Arthur T. Murray uj797 at victoria.tc.ca
Tue Dec 3 23:50:41 EST 2002

standley at rcn.com (spurk) wrote on 3 Dec 2002:

>> Thanks for your patience.
>>
>> Respectfully submitted,
>>
>> Arthur T. Murray
>
> No thank YOU for contributing your work to the community.
> I've read much of theory before I downloaded forth and mind.f,
> and I was and am very impressed
ATM:
Thank you for those super-kind words about
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/theory5.html -- an AI theory; and
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mind4th.html -- Mind.Forth AI.

> wild idea time:  the AI prog. said several sentence-like
> utterings before the screen started filling up with random junk.
ATM:
Apparently Forth is losing hold of some basic value; my mistake :-(
> This happened each time I tried running mind.f
> Also, when I try to run the javascript version, it brings IE
> (and my computer) to a crawl within seconds...
ATM:
Do you have the latest Sun.27.OCT.2002 JavaScript version, e.g.,
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html -- as in the AI4U textbook?

> I noticed that your program includes a security module
> designed to rein in out of control growth. Does the
> javascript version have a security module?
ATM:
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/security.html describes the AI Security
Module present in both Mind.Forth and the JS AI, and described on
http://books.iuniverse.com/viewbooks.asp?isbn=0595259227&page=10 --
the Security Module chapter of the AI4U Robot AI textbook :-)

> Maybe your program is going into an exponential growth phase,
> and either a) getting 'killed' by security, or b)running
> out of "growing room", so to speak, within mere seconds of
> initialization?  It operated normally for a couple seconds
> each time I tried it, in both javascript and forth...
ATM:
The Security Module is not yet really pulling any security duty.
It is sandwiched in between the main Alife Module and the
human-computer interaction (HCI) module so as to provide
a "nesting place" for future AI security innovations.

> I'd love to see mind.f run on a cray or something...
ATM:
They laughed when I sat down to write SUPERCOMPUTER AI MIND.JS,
but now the AI robots are encircling the supercomputer installations.

Arthur T. Murray
--
http://www.top500.org/ -- TOP 500 AI Supercomputer Sites that need "AI4U"
http://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/book_detail.asp?isbn=0595259227 "AI4U"