Mindforth

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Dec 9 14:06:08 EST 2002

jmdrake wrote:

> One man's crank is another another man's genius.  ;-)  By the way,
> I visited your "crank" sight.  While it was interesting and mildly
> amusing what I found "depressing" was the view that believing in
> creation automatically made someone a "crank".

People who believe in creation don't make it into crank.net.  Scientific
Creationists, however, definitely do.

> While on the surface it may seem "cranky" the fact is that their
> flyer actually works.  Now if it works by true "antigravity" or
> by some other force is a big question.  But the plans are pretty
> simple and the results have been reproduced many times over.
> However someone might mislabel them "cranks" just because they
> have the word "antigravity" in their URL.

So are you saying "fraud" would be a better characterization?

/  \ Divorces are made in Heaven.
\__/ Oscar Wilde
    Rules for Buh / http://www.alcyone.com/max/projects/cards/buh.html
 The official rules to the betting card game, Buh.