Mindforth

jmdrake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 09:56:25 EST 2002

forthprgrmr at hotmail.com (Gary Bergstrom) wrote in message news:<988c5166.0212091505.65f0981d at posting.google.com>...
> > > jmdrake wrote:
>
> > http://www.americanantigravity.com/
> >
> > While on the surface it may seem "cranky" the fact is that their
> > flyer actually works.  Now if it works by true "antigravity" or
> > by some other force is a big question.  But the plans are pretty
> > simple and the results have been reproduced many times over.
> > However someone might mislabel them "cranks" just because they
> > have the word "antigravity" in their URL.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > John M. Drake
>
> The first time I saw this was on the cover of a Popular Science (I
> think) in the '60s.  Not antigravity, just propulsion by moving air.
> The models are so light, because it's hard to move much air without
> arcing.  (That old model on the cover was square rather than
> triangular, but otherwise looked the same!)
>
> And yes, I would label (NOT mislabel) them cranks because of the word
> antigravity.
>
> Gary

Hello Gary,

Unfortunately you are confusing ion wind devices with Biefeld-Brown
effect devices.  These are not the same thing.  No one has yet come
up with an explanation as to why the Biefeld-Brown effect works, but
only that it does.  And it has been tested in a vacuum.  That rules
out it being "propulsion by moving air" although it does not prove
that it is "antigravity".  And no, the site does not make the claim
that it is "antigravity" only that it is an electromagnetic propulsion
device whose effects haven't been fully explained yet.  This from
their site:

Is This Antigravity?
Lifter technology is currently being investigated to determine if the
anomalous side-effects noticed in testing are in fact gravitational in
nature, but Lifter technology is probably not "true" Antigravity. The
definition of "true" Antigravity would be that it actually reduces or
negates the effects of gravity on the prototype.

Lifter technology is a method of producing directional thrust using an
electromagnetic propulsion system that has no moving parts. This could
be considered the effective equivalent, or "effective" Antigravity for
the purpose of future vehicular transportation.

Regards,

John M. Drake