Jerry Avins jya at
Tue Dec 10 15:45:43 EST 2002

Richard Owlett wrote:
> [replies to me personally or to comp.lang.forth ]
> Jerry Avins wrote:
> >
> >[SNIP]
> > It seems to me that
> > creationism, evolution, astrology, theism, and atheism are all matters
> > of faith.
> > [SNIP]
> You make an extremely important point, and then drop it.
> This is a point that evolutionists actively ignore.
> If one accepts the evolutionists point of view, all morals are
> relative/situational.
> Any who recognize the Biblical creationist view have "no wiggle room".
> For the record:
> I accept the verbal plenary verbal inspiration view of the Bible.
> The _Textus Receptus_ is an adequately ( and probably best ) extant
> representation of the original autographs.
> Anyone claiming to totally comprehend the first 3 chapters of Genesis
> and chapters 4-21 of Revelation is to be doubted.
> If anyone is seriously interested in pursuing the implications of
> this, I recommend reading the following books by Francis A. Schaeffer:
> The God Who Is There
> Escape From Reason
> He Is There and He Is Not Silent

You may have missed the point I tried to make, that whatever view one
holds is based ultimately on faith. All of us -- those who hold that it
doesn't matter because nothing is real anyway, evolutionists,
creationists -- are constrained by the confines of what we chose to
believe. The choice itself is outside that. Naturally, I prefer my own
choice. (It wouldn't be my choice if I didn't.) My only quarrels with
people who make other choices come if they try to force me (or jaw me to
death) me change mine.