Richard Owlett rowlett at atlascomm.net
Tue Dec 10 15:57:16 EST 2002

Jerry Avins wrote:

> Richard Owlett wrote:
> >
> > [replies to me personally or to comp.lang.forth ]
> >
> > Jerry Avins wrote:
> > >
> > >[SNIP]
> > > It seems to me that
> > > creationism, evolution, astrology, theism, and atheism are all matters
> > > of faith.
> > > [SNIP]
> >
> > You make an extremely important point, and then drop it.
> > This is a point that evolutionists actively ignore.
> > If one accepts the evolutionists point of view, all morals are
> > relative/situational.
> > Any who recognize the Biblical creationist view have "no wiggle room".
> >
> > For the record:
> > I accept the verbal plenary verbal inspiration view of the Bible.
> > The _Textus Receptus_ is an adequately ( and probably best ) extant
> > representation of the original autographs.
> > Anyone claiming to totally comprehend the first 3 chapters of Genesis
> > and chapters 4-21 of Revelation is to be doubted.
> >
> > If anyone is seriously interested in pursuing the implications of
> > this, I recommend reading the following books by Francis A. Schaeffer:
> > The God Who Is There
> > Escape From Reason
> > He Is There and He Is Not Silent
>
> Richard,
>
> You may have missed the point I tried to make,

No

> that whatever view one holds is based ultimately on faith.

My point is many, too many recognize that their point of view has
real-life consequences in how they act/react.

> All of us -- those who hold that it
> doesn't matter because nothing is real anyway, evolutionists,
> creationists -- are constrained by the confines of what we chose to
> believe. The choice itself is outside that. Naturally, I prefer my own
> choice. (It wouldn't be my choice if I didn't.) My only quarrels with
> people who make other choices come if they try to force me (or jaw me to
> death) me change mine.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you would find reading the books
mentioned worthwhile. That is definitely NOT to say you would agree ;}
He is a much more competent writer and apologist than I am.