Sir Charles W. Shults III aichip at cfl.rr.com
Fri Dec 13 17:16:29 EST 2002

    Isn't it clear?  The universe is a simulation!  You see, the first test runs
used a flat rectangular grid with a wall around them to make it easy to
simulate, called the Garden of Eden (tm).  Once God could get a better system,
earned from helping other, older gods mow their yards and stuff, He rewrote the
code for the more realistic sphere shaped world.
    But his little brother got into the system when he was out mowing and
earning more money, and instead of letting his first two bots work out the rules
set from trial and error, gave them the crib sheet.  Sort of screwed the
experiment.
    But now we have a much larger simulation, although some errors still exist.
Note that when a computer crashes, the better systems preserve a crash dump and
restore the system state on reboot. Well, sometimes the object location pointers
get hosed up or are not properly restored, and your car keys end up in the
freezer.  Or socks vanish out of the dryer.
    Now, He had a few other attempts at creating worlds before us, and those
results are still on the hard drive and sometimes we accidentally get stuff from
their data files (ghosts, weird phenomena) as shown in his software handbook,
"Kabala V3.2 Mk 4" which was hand copied poorly but is still handed around by
some would-be internal hackers.
    But soon the simulation will be done and we will be given jobs designing new
lawn care systems for other gods all over the uber-universe.  And it will be a
garden everywhere!  Err, outside the simulation, that is.
    I'll be out looking for reality hacks, sort of like Sonic the Hedgehog game
codes if anyone needs me.

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip