On so-called 'quantum entanglement'

Kenneth 'pawl' Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Sat Dec 14 00:50:54 EST 2002

>'COMPTJ33.BAS - a simple animation of the Compton scattering
data.

I RETRACT all of the Compton 'scattering' QBasic programs I've
posted.

It's a Sorrow.

I've been going on and on about how 'qm' has carried-through an
Error, because folks did not go back and check assumptions in the
light of new data, in a series of programs that have, themselves,
carried through an Error.

Discussion with a Physicist at UMass {Dr. Swift] last Wednesday,
during which he raised specific objections, led me, this night, to
retrace basic 'assumptions' that are implimented in the programs.

He was Correct in his objections.

I expect the general principles that I've been working to convey
will stand, but I programmed the main viewport [the one that
simulates the expansion-compression dynamics] incorrectly. [The
'scattering' angle is represented incorrectly, and so is the
'electron'-rebound  trace [the dim grey line on the left in the
upper-middle viewport].

I'll fix that over the weekend [with spirit groaning all the while
because there's so much that I wanted to accomplish in the same
'time' frame, and my 'time' is running-out. "Haste makes waste."]

Such are the perils of self-'education' - one ref I used fell
short in its diagramatic depiction of theta [missing inward
arrowheads], and another got it exactly-backwards.

But my Error belongs solely to me. I just didn't check my work
sufficiently. [I was 'desperate' then. Now, I'm off-scale.]

TD E/I(up, up).

It'll either lift the synthesis up to new heights, or break me.

I'm anxious to find our which it will be.

I Apologize for asking folks to consider stuff that I'd not gotten
right. [At least the apps were a good 'tutorial' in graphical
representation of Maths.]

I'll post a correction as soon as I can.

K. P. Collins