Jerry Avins jya at ieee.org
Sun Dec 15 23:44:58 EST 2002

Albert van der Horst wrote:

> In article <3DF60CF0.605F43E at ieee.org>, Jerry Avins  <jya at ieee.org> wrote:
> >jmdrake wrote:

> >> As a creationist who is also a scientist I don't know where that puts
> >> me.  Not that I really care.

> >I see a difference between a creationist who is a scientist and the
> >doctrine of Scientific Creationism; don't you? It seems to me that
> >creationism, evolution, astrology, theism, and atheism are all matters
> >of faith.
>
> Evolution doesn't belong here. It is a scientific theory, not
> a matter of faith.
>
> You have been brain washed.
> Living in the US, by any chance?
> --
> Albert van der Horst,Oranjestr 8,3511 RA UTRECHT,THE NETHERLANDS
> To suffer is the prerogative of the strong. The weak -- perish.
> albert at spenarnc.xs4all.nl     http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst

One last comment, then I shut up: Belief that science is the way to
explain the world is in it self a matter of faith, one that we share. In
the end, we believe what we choose believe. Unless, or course, our
beliefs are shaped by coercion, and that is unlikely except in a
theocracy of dictatorship. Yes, I live in the US, which is fortunately
(for a while yet, anyhow) neither.

Jerry