Jonathan Kirwan jkirwan at
Mon Dec 16 10:10:09 EST 2002

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002 23:44:58 -0500, Jerry Avins <jya at>

>One last comment, then I shut up: Belief that science is the way to
>explain the world is in it self a matter of faith, one that we share.

It sounds like you are suggesting that all things are equal as
matters of faith and there is no discernment between any of them
at all.  If so, that only destroys the value of using the word,
faith.  Any word that is always true regardless is rendered
meaningless.  If not, I'd like to hear a counter case which is
not, by your definition, a matter of faith.