Sir Charles W. Shults III aichip at cfl.rr.com
Wed Dec 18 11:26:20 EST 2002

    That is all well and good, but we do NOT have any spare singularities laying
about.  And everything in our observable locale follows the laws of physics very
well.  So while anything may emerge from a black hole, or the zone of space
around a singularity, that still does not make a hash of the laws that we
observe daily.
    "Faith" is exactly the opposite of "verifiable".  Matter of faith are
matters of decree and belief, and no experiment can be devised to test the
belief system involved.  On the other hand, we can most certainly devise tests
and experiments to see how reality performs, and this does not require blind,
unsubstantiated belief.  Anyone anywhere can do the experiments, and they will
get consistent results.
    In faith, you must believe.  Reality does not care if you believe or not, it
will still follow its rules.

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip