Dennis Clark dlc at io.frii.com
Thu Dec 19 22:21:59 EST 2002

Sigh.

  Bah!

  I can pick up my physics book and re-create experiments that describe
everyday life.  I can do this in front of a room full of people, and it'll
still work.  Now, do the same with Uri Geller, tell him to "psychic" up
something in that same room.  Did it work?  Nope.  Now, go tell "god" to
"miracle" up a toyota in that same room.  Did that work?  Nope.  If you
want to call believing in the real, repeatable, logical, scientific world
"faith", so be it.  Just don't use the word science in the same sentence
as ESP or religion, that'd just make me want to yak up my dinner.

"Believe" what you want, just don't call it science if it relies upon
"faith" to create a miracle, that you can't re-create.

IMO,
DLC