Dennis Clark dlc at io.frii.com
Mon Dec 23 00:23:05 EST 2002

In comp.robotics.misc William Tanksley Google <wtanksleyjr at cox.net> wrote:
: Dennis Clark <dlc at io.frii.com> wrote:
:>I can do this in front of a room full of people, and it'll
:>still work.
:>Now, do the same with Uri Geller, tell him to "psychic" up
:>something in that same room.  Did it work?  Nope.

: Wrong. He's done it often enough. He's fooled labs full of scientists.
: So have the magicians who've done such a good job of discrediting him.

  Hmm, according to my sources he's never made his tricks work in a controlled
experiment for scientists.  Only on talk shows and similar ilk.  I love
reading books by skeptics, it clears the mind of accumulated nonsense. ;-)

DLC

: Uri's a fraud, not a fake. A deciever, not a coincidence. Fail to keep
: the two distinct and you set yourself up for deception. Too many
: followers of scientism (and other belief systems, of cource) have
: failed to make this distinction.

: Watch out.

:> DLC

: -Billy