New Newsgroup?

mat mats_trash at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 23 20:57:50 EST 2002

"Philippe Coulon" <coulon-remove- at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote in message news:<atv136$2te$1 at poseidon.uni-duesseldorf.de>...
> Hello NG!
> Since bionet.neuroscience seems overcrowded with non-scientific discussions
> I have been thinking of introducing a new neuroscience newsgroup that is
> limited to scientific exchange. Please mail me if you are interested. If I
> receive enough e-mails, I will forward the list to news.announce.newsgroups
> where it will be open for discussion whether or not to create this NG. If
> you are interested please mail to:
> neuroscience at biochemtech.de .
>
> --
>  Philippe Coulon

I agree, it would be of benefit to have a seperate newsgroup, perhaps
even moderated, for what most would agree constitutes 'science' rather
than the twaddle that mostly seems to be peddled around here.  I have
noticed a sharp decline in the number of interesting topics and a
conspicuous abscence of the true scientists and enthusiasts who
regularly posted when I first happened upon the group.  Myself having
only a B.Sc.,  I'm sure there are many more qualified than I to take
on any moderating role (which I should think would only constitute
screening, not editing or refereeing) however I would volunteer to do
some of the work involved, if necessary.

Mat