Cerebral Downloading??

Ronald C. Blue ronblue at enter.net
Sun Dec 29 14:38:16 EST 2002

> And lastly, the 'clone' in question does not need to be a carbon copy of
> the starting material. The point in the search for great long life is
> usually lost on those that assume we speak of an exact replica of
> ourselves. Not the case. To achieve great long life, one needs to
> transfer ones existence into a new vessel (not an identical one) before
> that spark extinguishes.

You are correct never say never.  An exact copy is not likely, but close
approximatations could be possible.  Multiple separate clones would be like
individual twins going in multiple paths.  That does not mean true survival
of self in a clone but it could be close and many would chose this path.

Ron Blue
http://turn.to/ai (USA only)

---