Cerebral Downloading??

Adrian Wojcik zerwan at NO_SPAM.wp.pl
Sun Dec 29 15:29:01 EST 2002

mrdoubter at webtv.net wrote:

> And lastly, the 'clone' in question does not need to be a carbon copy of
> the starting material. The point in the search for great long life is
> usually lost on those that assume we speak of an exact replica of
> ourselves. Not the case. To achieve great long life, one needs to
> transfer ones existence into a new vessel (not an identical one) before
> that spark extinguishes.

Huh, another dreamer of immortality. ;) The problem is more complex, I think.
Mind (the spark) once embodied cannot be so easily separated from "the vessel".
Let's accept the assumption that we can download contents of one's mind
into another body. What then? How can we recognize that it's the same person?
And if we could do it without getting rid of old living body? We've got two (or
more) beings with different "vessels". Who is who? We cannot extend lifetime
by "cerebral downloading" - whatever it is. ;) We create another person.

Peace,

Serwis Usenet w portalu Gazeta.pl -> http://www.gazeta.pl/usenet/