Cerebral Downloading?? <adrian>

mrdoubter at webtv.net mrdoubter at webtv.net
Sun Dec 29 20:03:31 EST 2002

I appreciate your viewpoint but I say the dream as you put it is very
close to reality. Science shall give what religion has always promised
so to speak. And one must remember that from my perspective, I care not
a wit about ethics etc in this matter.  I am now 57 and if the
technology does exist before my life's spark extinguishes and I have the
billion dollars it will no doubt cost, I am outta here into that new
clone. And when that clone becomes feeble, it will be time to change
again. And again. Hence, great long life, perhaps a thousand years,
perhaps more as long as an accident does not cut things short.
Your concerns are in the what is ethical dept I think. I have heard them
all before but those are irrelevant to the issue. Can it be done and
then how can it be done? The Railians are the first to articulate the
real reason for cloning at all (other than the few voices crying in the
wilderness such as my own). I wince at their religious persona but I
think that is a dodge. The real issue with cloning clearly is not making
new organs or duplicating your pet. It is immortality and nothing less.

mr D