Advances in nerve re-attachment

K Low lo44w at
Mon Dec 30 04:15:19 EST 2002

Dear all,

I'm usually a lurker, so can be considered a newbie. Therefore I ask
that the regulars bear with me.

I am interested in nerve reattachment. I've been reading up on this
topic as a curious topic and have picked up, I guess, some keywords
but have no idea what it all means.

I've read about fibrin glue, NOGO, protein glue with laser soldering,
the use of collagen, GAP-43 and CAP-23, galanin, microphages and

Can someone guide me as to what is the current research in nerve
regeneration/re-attachment and which, I guess is the more promising

Any information would be much appreciated.

Ken Low