one more silly "scientiest"?

Larry 1o1 at o2.ie
Mon Dec 30 14:18:52 EST 2002

That article refers(as I understood) to a synaptic change... e.g. a
dendrite will be break a synapse and build another synaptic link with
another potential axon? which will give sense to his idea in fast
reconfiguration for artificial neural networks.
 Now, as far as I know side axons are "harder" to find then dendrites. On
the other side growth speed for both axons/dendrites isn't fast enough in
order for one/same dendrite to be able to break and form a new synapse in a
matter of minutes? Even this accelerated rate of growth/change might happen
in a few exceptional cases I still don't think we can consider it as
general rule in NN design?
 Or, maybe I reading between lines and this article is not talking about
"the same connections" but in general? :)

Larry