Dynamic connectivity [Re: one more silly "scientiest"?]

Donald Doherty, Ph.D. donald.doherty at brainstage.com
Mon Dec 30 23:53:54 EST 2002

Retraction isn't necessarily back to the cell body and I believe the axon
typically retracts just a short distance and then reaches back out and forms
a new synapse. I don't think there are data describing the similarity of the
new synapse to the old in terms of location on the dendrite or even if it is
with the same dendrite. In fact, it's this change in connectivity that was a
surprise. (If connections aren't static, how are memories retained? Etc.)

Don

Donald Doherty, Ph.D.
Brainstage Research, Inc.
www.brainstage.com