one more silly "scientiest"?

Kenneth 'pawl' Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 31 12:19:10 EST 2002

I should clarify - except under extreme circumstances
[Life-on-the-line stuff] the nervous system version of the
'bulges' are =microscopic=, except over Life 'times', during which
the micro-mods accumulate with respect to the neural activation
that's actually experienced.

I've experienced what I recognize as the 'extreme' end of this
spectrum on occasion - fairly-regularly back during the 'terrible
times', and, recently, when I had the 'Eureka!' experience with
respect to the plasma-globe thing [I wrote about the correlates
back then].

It's all within the 'normal' capacities of nervous systems
[brains], but, with aging, this natural functionality must, with
certainty, impact the dynamics of stroke - which [with great care
[no 'profit'-seeking 'band-wagon stuff is appropriate]] points to
applications of Neuropharmacology correlated to aging [using
small-dosage neuropharmacology as 'damping' in individuals
identified as having 'brittle' vasculature. [The much-better
strategy is, of course, to eat right, and to regularly
robustly-exercise one's nervous system in serious
information-processing [problem-confrontation and solving
neural-physical exertion]. Such will prolong the 'state' of
optimal neural-tissue 'tuning' functionality into aging.] But
there might be a useful Neuropharmcological strategy with respect
to folks who've been 'reckless' with respect to neural-exercise
and diet.

Anyway, I just wanted to clarify the 'bulge' stuff. Like
everything else I'm discussing during this online 'life', this
stuff is exceedingly-'deep'. I'm discussing it because I want to
lift-up folks in Neuroscience [no more 'baby-talk'], but realize
that it'll either just blow-by most folks, or become fodder for
'sensationalists', in both instances for the same reason - it's
too relatively-unfamiliar [with respect to such, see AoK].

My wish for the new year: May folks come to understand the
=Seriousness= of understanding how nervous systems process
information with respect to all aspects Being Truly-Human.

Want to Love? Understand how nervous systems process information.

Want to Make the world a better place? Understand how nervous
systems process information.

Want to foster Peace? Understand how nervous systems process
information.

Want to solve this or that problem? Understand how nervous systems
process information.

Want to accomplish =anything=? First, understand how nervous
systems process information, then =act= upon your understanding.

Cheers, everyone, and Happy New Year, 2003!

K. P. Collins

Kenneth 'pawl' Collins wrote in message ...
|This sort of stuff has been in AoK all along - in the glia-neuron
|interaction dynamics. I've discussed it beyond what's in AoK in
|former posts. The brain physically reconfigures it's
|interconnectedness in response to the ionic flows inherent in TD
|E/I-minimization 'pressures'. It's why, for instance, one can
|'remember' something, at a later 'time', that one couldn't recall
|earlier - in between, the brain is doing the work necessary to
|reconfigure itself. [I have to 'smile' as I write this because my
|brain is now deeply reconfigured with respect to Physics - so
I've
|not been participating in Neuroscience discussion, and 'could
not'
|do so, robustly, without, first going through the reverse
|reconfiguration. Within the neural topology, it's =literally=
like
|the scenes from the science fiction flicks in which this or that
|creature 'morphs' - 'bulges' all over the place :-]
|
|Neural appendages extend and withdraw in accord with TD
|E/I-minimization within such brain reconfiguration, which occurs
|across 'time' scales from sub-second to whole-life-'times'.
|[There's no such thing as 'time'. All these dynamics just follow
|the 3-D energy distribution within the neural architecture - it's
|all 'just' energy gradients - no 'time'. What's been referred to
|as 'time' is only a convention that's appended at the 'level' of
|the verbal interface.
|
|k. p. collins
|
|Larry <1o1 at o2.ie> wrote in message ...
|
|Hi All!
|
|I found this "article" somewhere in the news. And above all there
|is
|something in there which doesn't sound right at all:
|"We now have microscopes that can see individual connections