Attentional capacity and IQ

Mark D. Morin mdmpsyd at
Thu Feb 21 19:12:21 EST 2002

hjalmar wrote:
> Ever since attention became an object of scientific study,
> psychologists have recognized that it possesses a quantitative
> dimension in terms of the maximum number of items to which a person
> can attend at one time.

that's one dimension to attention; there are others

> It now seems almost universally accepted that
> memory span

attention span

> has a capacity limit of around seven plus or minus two. In
> 1963 Pascual-Leone

Alvaro Pasqual-Leone?  I don't think he was born in 1963.

The greatest weakness of most humans is their
hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while
they're still alive.

                         O. A. Battista
                       Scientist and writer
remove peterhood69 for mail