Properties of hippocampal neurons of rat embryons?

Edmund Müller edmund.mueller at freenet.de
Fri Jan 4 12:35:59 EST 2002

Hi NG,

I browsed quite a bit throug literatur and internet just for finding a few
simple properties of the above mentioned cells listed. I haven't succeed.

It looks like a lot of people work with them, know the things, but it
crosses nobody's mind to write them down or list them somewhere.

What I like to know is,

- the magnitude of the resting potential
- the concentrations of ions in the intra- and extracellular solution
- the conductivity for the different ions during the resting potential is
maintained

Of all the above properties I have never seen any for that special type of
neuron. The information I can get is vague values from other cell types.

Any help would be appreciated
Edmund