philosophy of mind

Mike Dubbeld miike at erols.com
Mon Jan 7 22:30:25 EST 2002

I know how fond you are of speaking about God and the soul so I will
stick to something much more down to earth. Somthing you can really
sink your teeth into. The major thing that Quantum Mechanics brought
to the world is the fact that it is not continuous and does not follow
any known mechancal models. Continuity and determinism are
GONE. It has been about 70 years since this was first discovered.
What does this have to do with beans and neurons? Only that
completely separating the perceiver from the perceived is not possible
in scientific terms at the atomic level. Nor can this be done at the
'macro' level. Have you ever heard of Gestalt psychology? How
about Existentialism vs Realism? Do the words 'adding order' to
our experiences as a survical mechanism mean anything? Ever
heard of a noumena? How exactly do 2 people that see the exact
same thing at the exact same time walk away with different
impressions - I know - one was stupider than the other one.

news:3c35f9fb.11847341 at news.freeserve.net...