muscle re-innervation ? what's my chance?

jan ben at lucent.com
Thu Jan 10 09:24:55 EST 2002

Demetris, thanks for your reply..
Iwas wondering.. what's the mechanism of re-innervation?
Is there evidence to suggest that the damaged motor units reconnect,
or that the  undamaged ones (if any) sprout out to the muscle fibers
as re-innervation occurs?
It would make a difference to me (only have 2-3 units left), and maybe
explain why the reinnervation of the infraspinatus after the kind of
injury I have has been abt 50-50 (albeit tiny sample size).
thx again.
Jan