philosophy of mind

James Teo james at teoth.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jan 12 13:02:10 EST 2002

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 17:51:25 GMT, james at teoth.fsnet.co.uk (James Teo)
wrote:
>I think you are projecting the dualist bogeyman on me. The "Who" you
>speak of is not the focus of my question as it is clear that we have
>both have accepted the premise that there is no 'Who' which
>information is presented to. Rather the 'Who' arises FROM the
>information presented. This 'Who' is just a sensation, it has no
>relation to 'free will' and such things, so it is not responsible for
>inducing the brake on seeing the red light. It is just something which
>arises from processing the information in a certain way, but it still
>has to be explained as that is one of the central questions of
>mankind.

Oops, accidently contradicted myself when I said "the Who is not the
focus of my question" then followed that up with "one of the central
questions of mankind". (looking abashed)
Just strike off what I said about the "Who" not being the focus of my
question, and know that I meant to say that the Who is not something
to be presented to but that the Who comes from the information.