why study neurology?

Nick Medford nick at hermit0.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 20:26:48 EST 2002

In article <3c4583e3.10710608 at news.freeserve.net>, James Teo
<james at teoth.fsnet.co.uk> writes
>Am I correct in saying that in your mind, dualism is anything which
>isn't about atoms?

I was going to ask an almost identical question, as I feel that you (Matt
that is) have consistently used the word "dualism" in a way which is not
appropriate to its meaning, at least as I understand it.

I do not think of myself as a dualist, and I do not see that a belief in the
reality of qualia automatically makes one a dualist (see lots of other
posts elsewhere in thread, not going to rehash the arguments again). If
this *is* the case though, then I'm happy to be called a dualist!
--
Nick Medford