evolutionary and computational theories of mind

yan king yin (dont spam) y.k.y at lycos.com
Mon Jan 21 01:40:24 EST 2002

> If there is a language circuit, then why dont we all speak the same language?
> So I think there is no language circuit.

^^^ Well, this point is rather silly. A language circuit can be more generic than
that, without containing any grammatical structure. Such as a circuit for the
"phonological loop". Could this be genetically encoded or result from emergence?

P.S. About 1-2 years back I heard of a proposed project in UC Berkeley of
using nanobots to locally block/stimulate brain areas, probably using radio-
-frequency to activate the molecules. Now I cant find the web page for that.
I think thats a very good idea and in the right direction. Anyone knows of
an update to it?