Testosterone is Neuroprotective

Ian Goddard igoddard at erols.mom
Sat Jan 26 10:41:00 EST 2002

On 25 Jan 2002, jonesmat at physiology.wisc.edu (Matt Jones) wrote:

>igoddard at erols.mom (Ian Goddard) wrote in message news:<3c4d80b4.2536835 at news.erols.com>...
>> The New Scientist reports:
>>
>>  Testosterone blocks Alzheimer's brain abnormality
>>

>Wow. Testosterone -and- dope are both neuroprotective?
>
>Teenage boys must have the healthiest  brains of all.

  IAN: Neuroprotective agents would tend to have measurable
  effect on populations more vulnerable to neurodegeneration,
  which would generally not include teenagers. In the case of
  THC, the problem I cited is that it impairs memory, probably
  by reducing acetylcholine. While long-term studies involving
  heavy use suggest this is not indicative of brain damage, it
  nevertheless raises a confounding factor for the use of THC
  as a neuroprotective agent, especially for young people who
  need to be learning, and for old people who often have a
  problem with declining memory. There are, however, ways
  that users might be able to raise acetylcholine levels.

  http://IanGoddard.net

  "To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals." Benjamin Franklin

  http://www.ultrahiq.net/Ubiquity/Winter02/CR.html