surface specific membran capacity about 4.5 myFarad/cm2?

Edmund Müller edmund.mueller at freenet.de
Thu Jan 31 12:42:43 EST 2002

Hi NG,

in most sources I have scanned the membrane capacity per unit area
(microfarad/square centimeter) is given with 1 myF/cm2.

Analyzing my data I always come to the conclusion that the soma of my rat
hippocampal cell must have had a surface specific capacity of about 4.5 myF/cm2.
I assume as shape of the soma an ellipsoid with half axes 4.5, 3 and 3 micro
meters.

Is this possible? If not, where could be my error? Simple calculating errors are
for sure excluded.

Thnx Edmund