Simple question: Pronunciation of "Wernicke"?

Peter Douglas Zohrab zohrab at
Fri Jul 5 17:56:09 EST 2002

As a linguist (in both senses of that term), and as a former teacher of
German, I can say that words from one language are never pronounced in
another the language in the same way as they were in the original language,
so quit worrying !  As long as your colleagues know who you are referring
to, that's fine.  Even in German-speaking countries the name "Wernicke" is
pronounced in at least two different ways, as far as the final "e" is

Peter Zohrab
Domestic Violence Bibliography
New Zealand is run by Lesbians, and men are afraid they won't be real men if
they contradict them! Manufacturing Concern The Next US President is a Batterer Review of Sex, Lies & Feminism by
J. Steven Svoboda in Everyman: A Men's Journal

news:1P5U8.26353$vr5.17737 at