brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

John Knight johnknight at usa.com
Fri Jul 12 10:55:30 EST 2002

"Shadow Dancer" <insomniac at winterslight.org> wrote in message
news:agm2br$mukqa$1 at ID-150265.news.dfncis.de...

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:Gv6JWusC0bgC:www.epub.org.br/cm/n11/men
> te/eisntein/cerebro-homens.html+male,+female,+brain&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
>
> And here is a scientific paper which clearly refutes any notion that the
> female brain is inferior to the male's:
> http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Thompson/psychsex.htm
>
> And yet another:
> http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/heshe.html
>
> My terminology was wrong, I meant the corpus callosum.  Either way, women
> use their entire brains more efficiently than men do and, once again, size
> does NOT matter :P

Not only was your terminology wrong, but so were your conclusions.  Here are
some I just dug up.  In the following 12 subjects, no country scored lower
than American 12th Grade Girls who scored:

22 points lower than American boys and 90 points lower than Greek girls in
Numbers & Equations.

41 points lower than American boys and 123 points lower than Cypriot girls
in Calculus.

31 points lower than American boys and 121 points lower than French girls in
Geometry.

34 points lower than American boys and 139 points lower than Norwegian girls
in Physics.

53 points lower than American boys and 130 points lower than Norwegian girls
in Mechanics.

21 points lower than American boys and 152 points lower than Swedish girls
in Electricity & Magnetism.

6 points lower than American boys and 37 points lower than Norwegian girls
in Heat.

18 points lower than American boys and 86 points lower than Swedish girls in
Wave Phenomena.

20 points lower than American boys and 92 points lower than Swedish girls in
Modern Physics.

31 points lower than American boys and 117 points lower than French girls in
Advanced Math.

23 points lower than American boys and 65 points lower than Swedish girls in
General Science.

11 points lower than American boys and 77 points lower than Dutch girls in
General Math.

----

Zero percent of American 12th grade girls correctly solved TIMSS math
problems.

Zero percent of American 12th grade girls correctly solved TIMSS physics
problems.

----

Among American students on other standardized tests:

In the quantitative section of the Graduate Record Exam:

Mexican boys score 3 points higher than White girls.

Mexican boys score 59 points higher than girls who major in education.

The average boys' score is 72 points higher than average girls' score.

Foreign boys score 171 points higher than American girls.

Asian boys score 234 points higher than black girls.

Boys who major in engineering score 251 points higher than girls who major
in education.

In the verbal section of the Graduate Record Exam:

Asian boys score 5 points higher than White girls.

Mexican boys score 23 points higher than girls who major in education.

Boys who major in humanities score 114 points higher than girls who major in
education.

White boys score 124 points higher than black girls.

In the analytical section of the Graduate Record Exam:

Mexican boys score 8 points higher than girls who major in education.

Indian boys score 15 points higher than girls who major in education.

Hispanic boys score 27 points higher than girls who major in education.

Asian boys score 79 points higher than girls who major in education.

White boys score 99 points higher than girls who major in education.

Boys score 46 points higher than girls in SAT math.

Boys score 2 points higher than girls in ACT math.

Boys score 5 points higher than girls in NAEP math.

Boys score 53 points higher than girls in TIMSS physics.

Boys score 41 points higher than girls in TIMSS calculus.

Swiss boys score 47 points higher than Swiss girls in TIMSS calculus.

Boys score 17 points higher than girls in IAEP math.

Would you mind telling us again, Shadow Dancer, whose brain it is that you
believe is "damaged"?

John Knight

ps--there is more at http://christianparty.net/timss.htm and
http://christianparty.net/menare.htm