brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Shadow Dancer insomniac at winterslight.org
Tue Jul 16 01:47:09 EST 2002

"John Knight" <johnknight at usa.com> wrote in message
news:J_OY8.65853$P%6.4415930 at news2.west.cox.net...

<snippage>
> ps--what does the following say to your little "liberal" pea brain?:
>
> "plus joli d'un point de vue artistique"?
>
> Would you like that in English?
>
> 'Do you not think that it would be more satisfying from the artistic point
> of view, if we were to be associated in this manner?'
>
> http://christianparty.net/curie.htm
>
> Does this sound to you like lavish praise for her great technological
> achievements, lojbab?  Or does the word "artistic" mean anything to you?
Do
> you know why he wrote that?  He was on his last leg, dying of radiation
> poisoning, and of unclear mind, when a Swedish woman suggested he write
the
> Nobel Committee and ask that she receive a "joint award" for his half of a
> patent.

Offering skewed material from your own badly-designed website alone
demonstrates how your personal reality shares little to no common-ground
with the general reality the rest of us live in.

As for claiming that no women of the "modern" age won Nobel Prizes, here is
data which refutes your claim, taken from
http://www.almaz.com/nobel/women.html:

Quoted because I know you won't read it:
===
In 1903, only two years after the Nobel Foundation was established, a Nobel
Prize was awarded to a woman, Marie Curie, for the first time. Women have
been winning Nobel Prizes ever since. In fact, one woman, Bertha von Suttner
was influential in convincing Alfred Nobel to set aside a Prize for peace.
Women have won Prizes in all categories with the exception of Economics
(which was established in 1968 and first awarded in 1969).

Physics: 1903 Marie Sklodowska Curie
1963 Maria Goeppert Mayer

Chemistry: 1911 Marie Sklodowska Curie
1935 Irene Joliot-Curie
1964 Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin

Physiology & Medicine: 1947 Gerty Radnitz Cori
1977 Rosalyn Sussman Yalow
1983 Barbara McClintock
1986 Rita Levi-Montalcini
1988 Gertrude Elion
1995 Christiane Nusslein-Volhard

Peace: 1905 Baroness Bertha von Suttner
1931 Jane Addams
1946 Emily Greene Balch
1976 Betty Williams
1976 Mairead Corrigan
1979 Mother Teresa
1982 Alva Myrdal
1991 Aung San Suu Kyi
1992 Rigoberta Menchu Tum
1997 Jody Williams

Literature: 1909 Selma Ottilia Lovisa Lagerlof
1926 Grazia Deledda
1928 Sigrid Undset
1938 Pearl Buck
1945 Gabriela Mistral
1966 Nelly Sachs
1991 Nadine Gordimer
1993 Toni Morrison
1996 Wislawa Szymborska
===
Now...either you are using reverse-psychology to get good data of women
displayed on Usenet, or you are hopelessly and irretrievably narrowminded,
dangerously ignorant, and should be confined to an island somewhere where
only other men live.

Come to think of it - on the island idea - seems your population there would
die out quite fast...after all, men can't have babies.

Hmmm...maybe that is what your problem is.  Womb-envy.  Heh.

The Shadow Dancer