brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Jet thatjetnospam at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 20 16:35:07 EST 2002



Thalamus wrote:
> 
> "OhSojourner" <ohsojourner at aol.com> skrev i melding
> news:ce660175.0207201056.3bce0dba at posting.google.com...
> > "Thalamus" <zhil at online.no> wrote in message
> news:<GnXZ8.639$Py1.11352 at news2.ulv.nextra.no>...
> > > "Jet" <thatjetnospam at yahoo.com> skrev i melding
> > > news:3D37C00B.743DB7E3 at yahoo.com...
> > > > I do algebra just fine, much, much better than you. I'm not the one
> > > > claiming that .75x=70% and  .25x=30%.
> > > >
> > > > You can't answer question H04.
> > > >
> > > > As soon as I pointed these things out, you had nothing left but to
> call
> > > > me nigger, and post irrelevant stats.
> > >
> > > I think that this can hardly be called irrelevant:
> > > http://nces.ed.gov/pubs98/condition98/c9818a01.html
> > > And I'll humiliate you totally, for read THIS:
> > > "Average mathematics proficiency (scale score) by race/ethnicity and
> age:
> > > 1973-1996
> > >                       White                             Black
> > > Hispanic
> > > Year    Age9 Age13 Age17 Age9 Age13 Age17 Age9 Age13 Age17
> > > 1973     225    274    310     190    228     270       202   239    277
> > > 1978     224    272    306     192    230     268       203   238    276
> > > 1982     224    274    304     195    240     272       204   252    277
> > > 1986     227    274    308     202    249     279       205   254    283
> > > 1990     235    276    310     208    250     289       214   255    284
> > > 1992     235    279    312     208    250     286       212   259    292
> > > 1994     237    281    312     212    252     286       210   256    291
> > > 1996     237    281    312     212    252     286       215   256
> 292"
> > >
> > > Now, it seems that the nigger achieved as an 17-year old on par with
> White
> > > 13-year old kids (IE check the numbers for 1973,1978 and 1982).
> > > It seems that they in fact have achieved a little better than those
> pesky
> > > 13-year old White kids later on, but the divide is still there.
> > >
> > <snip disturbed racist rantings>
> >
> > Great heeber-jeebies, but you're stupid.  Averages say nothing about a
> > specific individual.
> >
> > You say you're a Mensan?  What else are you going to claim -- that
> > you're also Napolean lll from the Planet Zambodia?
> >
> > <snip rest of racist bigotry>
> 
> Well, I do present in a consistent matter
> Main Entry: fact
> Pronunciation: 'fakt
> Function: noun
> Etymology: Latin factum, from neuter of factus, past participle of facere
> Date: 15th century
> 1 : a thing done: as a obsolete : FEAT b : CRIME <accessory after the fact>
> c archaic : ACTION
> 2 archaic : PERFORMANCE, DOING
> 3 : the quality of being actual : ACTUALITY <a question of fact hinges on
> evidence>
> 4 a : something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact>
> b : an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
> 5 : a piece of information presented as having objective reality
> - in fact : in truth
> 
> You present, on the other hand
> Main Entry: 1bull·shit
> Pronunciation: 'bul-"shit also 'b&l-
> Function: noun
> Etymology: 1bull & 6bull
> Date: circa 1915
> usually vulgar : NONSENSE; especially : foolish insolent talk
> 
> So, who wins ?
> I do, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!
> What an idiot <shaking my head> - if you can't counter my claims, you end up
> resorting to
> 
> Main Entry: 1ad ho·mi·nem
> Pronunciation: (')ad-'hä-m&-"nem, -n&m
> Function: adjective
> Etymology: New Latin, literally, to the person
> Date: 1598
> 1 : appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
> 2 : marked by an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer
> to the contentions made
> 
> You see, this is important in the everyday life of a normal human being
> Main Entry: 1av·er·age
> Pronunciation: 'a-v(&-)rij
> Function: noun
> Etymology: from earlier average proportionally distributed charge for damage
> at sea, modification of Middle French avarie damage to ship or cargo, from
> Old Italian avaria, from Arabic 'awArIyah damaged merchandise
> Date: 1732
> 1 a : a single value (as a mean, mode, or median) that summarizes or
> represents the general significance of a set of unequal values b : MEAN 1b
> 2 a : an estimation of or approximation to an arithmetic mean b : a level
> (as of intelligence) typical of a group, class, or series <above the
> average>
> 3 : a ratio expressing the average performance especially of an athletic
> team or an athlete computed according to the number of opportunities for
> successful performance
> - on average or on the average : taking the typical example of the group
> under consideration <prices have increased on average by five percent>
> synonyms AVERAGE, MEAN, MEDIAN, NORM mean something that represents a middle
> point. AVERAGE is exactly or approximately the quotient obtained by dividing
> the sum total of a set of figures by the number of figures <scored an
> average of 85 on tests>. MEAN may be the simple average or it may represent
> value midway between two extremes <a high of 70° and a low of 50° give a
> mean of 60°>. MEDIAN applies to the value that represents the point at which
> there are as many instances above as there are below <average of a group of
> persons earning 3, 4, 5, 8, and 10 dollars a day is 6 dollars, whereas the
> median is 5 dollars>. NORM means the computed or estimated average of
> performance of a significantly large group, class, or grade <scores about
> the norm for 5th grade arithmetic>.
> 
> Unlike you, who are
> 
> Main Entry: de·lude
> Pronunciation: di-'lüd, dE-
> Function: transitive verb
> Inflected Form(s): de·lud·ed; de·lud·ing
> Etymology: Middle English, from Latin deludere, from de- + ludere to play --
> more at LUDICROUS
> Date: 15th century
> 1 : to mislead the mind or judgment of : DECEIVE, TRICK
> 2 obsolete a : FRUSTRATE, DISAPPOINT b : EVADE, ELUDE
> synonym see DECEIVE
> - de·lud·er noun
> 
> Websters dictionary is a wonderful weapon against you idiotic rambling
> morons.
> Brian

Oh, sweet irony.

J



More information about the Neur-sci mailing list