brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

OhSojourner ohsojourner at aol.com
Sat Jul 20 18:19:13 EST 2002


Thalamus wrote:

>"OhSojourner" <ohsojourner at aol.com> skrev i melding news

>>"Thalamus" <zhil at online.no> wrote in message news...

>>>"Jet" <thatjetnospam at yahoo.com> skrev i melding news

>>>>I do algebra just fine, much, much better than you. I'm not the
one
>>>>claiming that .75x=70% and .25x=30%.

>>>>You can't answer question H04.

>>>>As soon as I pointed these things out, you had nothing left but to
>>>>call me nigger, and post irrelevant stats.

> > I think that this can hardly be called irrelevant:
> > http://nces.ed.gov/pubs98/condition98/c9818a01.html
> > And I'll humiliate you totally, for read THIS:
> > "Average mathematics proficiency (scale score) by race/ethnicity and
age:
> > 1973-1996
> >                       White                             Black
> > Hispanic
> > Year    Age9 Age13 Age17 Age9 Age13 Age17 Age9 Age13 Age17
> > 1973     225    274    310     190    228     270       202   239    277
> > 1978     224    272    306     192    230     268       203   238    276
> > 1982     224    274    304     195    240     272       204   252    277
> > 1986     227    274    308     202    249     279       205   254    283
> > 1990     235    276    310     208    250     289       214   255    284
> > 1992     235    279    312     208    250     286       212   259    292
> > 1994     237    281    312     212    252     286       210   256    291
> > 1996     237    281    312     212    252     286       215   256
292"

>>>Now, it seems that the nigger achieved as an 17-year old on par
with
>>>White 13-year old kids (IE check the numbers for 1973,1978 and
>>>1982). It seems that they in fact have achieved a little better
than
>>>those pesky 13-year old White kids later on, but the divide is
still
>>>there.

>><snip disturbed racist rantings>

>>Great heeber-jeebies, but you're stupid. Averages say nothing about
a
>>specific individual.

>>You say you're a Mensan? What else are you going to claim -- that
>>you're also Napolean lll from the Planet Zambodia?

>><snip rest of racist bigotry>

>Well, I do present in a consistent matter Main Entry: fact
>Pronunciation: 'fakt
>Function: noun
>Etymology: Latin factum, from neuter of factus, past participle of
>facere

[...]

>You present, on the other hand Main Entry: 1bull<sum>shit
>Pronunciation: 'bul-"shit also 'b&l-
>Function: noun
>Etymology: 1bull & 6bull
>Date: circa 1915 usually vulgar : NONSENSE; especially : foolish
>insolent talk

Seems like you're really having fun with this new book you discovered.
Nice to know my tax dollars aren't going to waste paying for the
education program down at your facility.

>So, who wins ? I do, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! What an idiot <shaking my
>head> - if you can't counter my claims, you end up resorting to

>Main Entry: 1ad ho<sum>mi<sum>nem
>Pronunciation: (')ad-'h‰-m&-"nem, -n&m
>Function: adjective
>Etymology: New Latin, literally, to the person
>Date: 1598 1 : appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than
>intellect 2 : marked by an attack on an opponent's character rather
>than by an answer to the contentions made

Looks like you did exactly that in your response to "Jet", bozo. 
Please as your next word refer to "hypocrite" (hyp*o*crit)  (noun)

>You see, this is important in the everyday life of a normal human
>being Main Entry: 1av<sum>er<sum>age
>Pronunciation: 'a-v(&-)rij
>Function: noun

[snip for space; this thread isn't worth the bandwidth]

...And I further respond with:   So What?  Why Is This Relevent?

>Unlike you, who are

>Main Entry: de<sum>lude

[.. .snip for space...]

Your presenting of facts, figures and averages is understood. 
....However:   WHAT'S YOUR POINT?

>Websters dictionary is a wonderful weapon against you idiotic
rambling
>morons. Brian

Indeed.  

Now try:

Main Entry: ul·te·ri·or
Pronunciation: "&l-'tir-E-&r
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin, farther, further, comparative of (assumed) Latin
ulter situated beyond, from uls beyond; akin to Latin ollus, ille,
that one, Old Irish indoll beyond
Date: 1646
1 a : FURTHER, FUTURE b : more distant : REMOTER c : situated on the
farther side : THITHER
2 : going beyond what is openly said or shown and especially what is
proper <ulterior motives>
- ul·te·ri·or·ly adverb

Main Entry: [1]mo·tive
Pronunciation: 'mO-tiv, 2 is also mO-'tEv
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French motif, from motif,
adjective, moving, from Medieval Latin motivus, from Latin motus, past
participle of movEre to move
Date: 15th century
1 : something (as a need or desire) that causes a person to act 
2 : a recurrent phrase or figure that is developed through the course
of a musical composition
3 : MOTIF 
- mo·tive·less /-l&s/ adjective
- mo·tive·less·ly adverb
- mo·ti·vic /mO-'tE-vik/ adjective
synonyms MOTIVE, IMPULSE, INCENTIVE, INDUCEMENT, SPUR, GOAD 
[...]

Both you and Mr. Knight are attempting to maintain that because of
these "averages", either the exceptional individuals must apparently
not exist; their feats and accomplishments are invalid for one reason
or another, or that it's dangerous to society to suggest that their
birth-group as a whole be allowed to have open access to certain
opportunities, privileges, freedoms and rights.

...So, in other words, you are trying to use these averages to justify
bigotry against individuals NO MATTER THEIR CAPABILITY.

Mr. Knight has even proposed there be legislation restricting these
birth groups from having the same equal rights and freedoms as men
(although I don't know if his proposals have extended to those of
certain ethnic backgrounds)

Of course, we don't need to worry too much that your plans will ever
come to fruition, because most of society recognizes when someone is a
stark, raving ...

Main Entry: big·ot
Pronunciation: 'bi-g&t
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, hypocrite, bigot
Date: 1661
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own
opinions and prejudices
- big·ot·ed /-g&-t&d/ adjective
- big·ot·ed·ly adverb



More information about the Neur-sci mailing list