stremler at rohan.sdsu.edu stremler at rohan.sdsu.edu
Sat Jun 1 21:55:22 EST 2002

In alt.folklore.computers Joel Garry <joel-garry at nospam.cox.net> wrote:
[snip]
> stabbed a 12 year old girl to death without waking anybody else.  So they
> arrested the middle class brother and his friends because they were into
> those violent video games, found a knife under the bed of one just like
> the one in the murder, and got them to confess.

"Got them to"? What, was there torture?

> A year later the kids were released because the defense had the schizo's
> clothes tested and found the girls blood on it.  Now the boys are suing.

I hear stories like this and I just wonder what people are thinking when
they admit to heinous crimes that they (allegedly) didn't do.

Perhaps "they" are right -- video games do have a detrimental impact
on youth: it makes 'em stupid.

--
  Flicker shouldn't be a problem, now that most people under the age of 30
  have been conditioned to accept slow frame rates from watching hours of