Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Jun 2 00:46:26 EST 2002

stremler at rohan.sdsu.edu wrote:

> I hear stories like this and I just wonder what people are thinking
> when
> they admit to heinous crimes that they (allegedly) didn't do.

It is not rare that someone who is retarded will admit to crimes that
they did not commit, especially when pressed with routine police
tactics.  A desire to please authority figures and to convince others
that they are capable individuals do not make a good combination in such
cases.

/  \ Who'd ever think it / Such a squalid little ending
\__/ The American and Florence, _Chess_
    Church / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/church/
 A lambda calculus explorer in Python.