From biological to computational model

Richard S. Norman rnorman at umich.edu
Sun Jun 2 18:27:37 EST 2002

On 13 May 2002 09:40:33 -0700, mats_trash at hotmail.com (mat) wrote:

>Richard - Do you have any personal experience of working with NEURON?
>I've read a few papers simulating single neurone activity within
>NEURON but would you happen to know how versatile is it for simulating
>large neuronal networks?  How quick is it?  From the online
>documentation it seems to be quite a high-level user friendly program,
>does this slow down the actual simulation?

Sorry about the delay responding, I have been away for a few weeks.

I have tried to play with NEURON a little bit but I really haven't put
enough time into it to have any real experience.   I just want to show
a simple action potential to introductory classes and I have much
easier programs that do that.