Consciousness, New Thinking About

tony.jeffs tonyjeffs2 at REMOVEaol.com
Mon Jun 3 09:24:33 EST 2002

Going back to Ian's original post.
The idea that consciousness is a fundamental property and not reducable is
interesting.
But if  the quantity of  consciousness in the universe is an unchanging
constant, where does my consciousness go when I'm asleep?
I suspect that  it temporarily ceases to be.
If that is correct, the quantity of consciousness in the universe changes
with events.
If that isn't correct, where does my consciousness go when I'm asleep?

So I don't think the quantity of consciousness in the universe is fixed.
I think if the universe degenerated in to a homogenous, inert,  unchanging
goo  consciousness would be at a minimum.

Tony

"Ian Goddard" <igoddard at erols.mom> wrote in part:-

> A New Thinking Emerges About Consciousness
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A42772-2002May19.html
>
> Couple excerpts:
<snip>