stremler at rohan.sdsu.edu stremler at rohan.sdsu.edu
Wed Jun 5 02:51:22 EST 2002

In alt.folklore.computers Jim Balter <jqb at exodus.net> wrote:
> stremler at rohan.sdsu.edu wrote:

[snip]
>> "Got them to"? What, was there torture?

> There's usually psychological torture involved.

Then the attorneys would seem to have failed in their duties in
a rather significant way, as well as the police.

[snip]
> What, aren't "NYPD Blue" or "Law and Order" available in your area?

That would require an investment of slack-jawed attention paid to
the idiot box.  My slack-jawed attention time is reserve entirely
for usenet, thankyouverymuch.

> Such shows dramatize this sort of thing all the time, so even someone
> with your lack of imagination and insight should have a clue.

I'm not the one watching TV to learn about the so-called 'real world'.
Perhaps you should reevaluate just who is lacking imagination, insight,
and clues here.

>> Perhaps "they" are right -- video games do have a detrimental impact
>> on youth: it makes 'em stupid.
>
> What's your excuse?

Apparently an excess of integrity. But you surely wouldn't know anything
about that, would you?  That's not something you typically develop from
emulating parts of the vegetable kingdom while bathed in a soft phosphor
glow.

--
 Stewart Stremler                                      stremler at rohan.sdsu.edu