Consciousness ~=~ self-referentiality' (was Re: Consciousness, New Thinking About

tony.jeffs tonyjeffs2 at REMOVEaol.com
Wed Jun 5 18:59:46 EST 2002

English singer-songwriter Elvis Costello was talking about one of his songs
in an interview.
An ode to a very old lady suffering from dementia,  and in the lyric he
wonders if she [(or maybe  her consciousness)] goes to heaven bit-by-bit as
the illness progresses over a few years.

A favourite site of mine:
One way cartesianism  by Dr Roger Carpenter
http://www.cai.cam.ac.uk/people/rhsc/consc.html

Tony

news:b86268d4.0206051202.47193f3 at posting.google.com...
news:<j6QK8.2499$376.152104 at newsfep1-win.server.ntli.net>...