The Need for Forgiveness CORRECTION

Kenneth Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 12 01:38:54 EST 2002

>it's 'just' Honoring Truth.
>
>Honor Truth, and Truth Honors you right-back.
>
>not, and not.

yesterday morning, after posting the msg excerpted below, i hopped into my
car to do something that i've felt a need to do my entire Life. go to see if
there was a place where i could sit in the furthest place, and just be
'alone' with God.

the drive took about an hour, and i ran the post's stuff through the ol'
noggin', finding that i'd been UnTruthful... 'heart'-breakingly so.

what i'd written, while not completely-False was close to being so.

Truth is, prior to the encounter described, i'd been belittling the Young
Man's little Sister, who was a classmate of mine.

the fellow was just Caring for his Sister, and, when i looked back on my way
to the Monastary, i saw that the Young Man's actions constituted
turning-point stuff in my Life.

so, in the end, i'm Grateful for the Lesson.

i saw his Sister at the last high school reunion i attended [back when my
check didn't 'bounce']. in the quiet Grace with which she's lived her Live,
she Towers above me.

the rest of the discussion was as things were. i've always pretty-much been
a 'solitary' searcher [or an 'independent cus', take your pick]. it was that
way in high school. i didn't join any 'cliques', and was only invited to a
couple of parties. always gravitated to 'the background' of things. but, in
my senior year, i was =surprised= to be named the "most popular boy" on the
"class ballot", which was open to the whole student body, not only my class.
the only explanation for such.is the 'clown-act' rescue stuff, which i
pretty-much did indescriminantly, even if i didn't know the folks involved.

when i looked-back yesterday morning, i saw that the Young Man to whom i
haughtily referred was
one of my Teachers.

i Apologize for Misrepresenting the dynamics. "He who exaults himself shall
be humbled."

let it all "fall on my 'chin'".

anyway, i Attended a Beautiful Mass. couldn't find the Vocation Director.
Drove to UMass to check-out a new PhD program in "Peace Psychology".

"ships passing in the night".

while i'm CORRECTING stuff:

i Apologize to the Navaho Nation for not getting my attribution of their
Young Men's Heroism ["code talkers"] right in another msg. I Apologize to
the Hopi Nation for so cavalierly-demonstrating my Ignorance with respect to
them.

there's another Error in one of my posts [besides all the typos,
malapropisms, etc. in the prior post "mitigated" should've been
"mitigated-against", for instance] that needs to be fixed, but it's
temporarily 'slipped-away'. TD E/I(up), and all, as my nervous system works
to lift me up out of the 'gutter' into which i've descended.

i'm =not= "being too hard on" myself.

it's in my 'heart' to Honor Truth.

Failures with respect to such must be met head-on, their stuff embraced as
the Teacher it is.

"No excuses."

k. p. collins