Books on the brain and memory

khun_roy khun_royMUST_TAKE_OUT at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 20:47:09 EST 2002

James,

Thanks for your response.

I think I need to be a little more specific.  I'd like something
scientifically oriented which provides a "map" of the brain and how it
works (and some on its pathology).  Perhaps the type of text that one would
find in an upper level biology or similar class.

I'm reasonably intelligent, a former college professor and now a software
consultant for the last 15 years. Currently I'm reading, for example,
Clinical Neurology, 5th Ed.  It's pretty easy other than having to wade
through all the new, to me, vocabulary.  But, I have little context of the
greater picture.

I'm not interested in soft, touchy-feely books.

Would you still recommend Damasio and/or Schacter?

-- Roy