Consciousness, New Thinking About

Matt Jones jonesmat at physiology.wisc.edu
Thu Jun 13 10:51:02 EST 2002

"John H." <John at overhere> wrote in message news:<8bZN8.282$O4.6972 at ozemail.com.au>...

<much good stuff snipped>

Thanks for summarizing so much about the different viewpoints held by
smart people who have spent a long time thinking about  internal
mental states.  That's helpful.

>That's what I hate about Neuroscience, there are
so many ways to come at a problem.

That's what I love about Neuroscience, there are so many ways to come
at a problem.

And this is a classic:

> As I used to say, brains are smarter than us, they created us, we
> should not assume they are telling us the whole truth and nothing but the
> truth. Aint that an epistemological hassle?

You used to say it? Why did you stop saying it?

Cheers,

Matt