Consciousness, New Thinking About

tony.jeffs tonyjeffs2 at REMOVEaol.com
Sat Jun 15 10:45:28 EST 2002

"DJ" <DJ at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:newscache$mr0rxg$gn2$1 at maggie.netlink.com.au...

> Hmmm... Maybe each of us is a different "instance" of the same conscious
> entity.  Nonetheless real both physically and mentally.  Unique,
individual
> consciousness might result from "filtering" that single conscious entity
> through each unique physical entity.  This possibility raises the question
> of how each individual consciousness is able to interact with the single
> conscious entity.  In computing terms, can they update eachother's data?
> Sorry, I'm just pissing into the wind too.
>
> DJ

I like the shared consciousness view because it seems simpler, but does it
actually mean anything?
Myself and a colleague's pc are on the same central hard disk drive.
==equivalent to one consciousness- or does it?.
Butsince we have our own passwords, and sharing some server management
software,  we can't access each other's files or front-end software, so we
effectively have two independant systems, equating to two independant
consciousnesses.

So I'm not sure if a single consciousness.